Happy St. Patrick's Day.
AMERICAN KENPO KNOWLEDGE 101
CENTER OF MASS – An odd phenomenon where maximum power can still be obtained though the center of mass remains stationary, and the body limbs strike out in opposite directions. This phenomenon can only work if the center of your body mass remains centered regardless of the opposing forces of your limbs. Although it appears as if directional harmony is void during this type of action, power, nevertheless, is still enhanced. The opposing forces of the limbs are not assisted in anyway by the center of your body mass, which remains neutral. As already stated, it is an odd phenomenon, but experience affirms its reality. (Ed Parker's Encyclopedia of Kenpo, pg 24)
Slow moves develop good habits. (The Zen of Kenpo, pg 63)
A form (kata) is a case study of motion (The Zen of Kenpo, pg 39)
SKK Monthly Update –
Our children class is still growing. I am having a really good time teaching all of them. They are a good group of children.
The adult class is becoming a really good group of people. Please say hi to Nancy and Tim they joined our class within the past few weeks. They are going to be a wonderful addition. I really appreciate the help that the upper belts are providing in helping me teach the children class.
**********SKK REMINDERS **********
Please pay your dues by the 10th of every month.
Make sure you keep your receipt when you pay your dues.
- All students must wear a karate uniform or workout clothes. Male students must wear a groin protector.
- Hygiene is a good thing. Please make sure your karate uniform is clean, finger and toe nails are trimmed, and remove jewelry in class. These reminders are for the safety of your fellow students. Thank you.
- Please, let us know by phone or e-mail if you cannot show up for class.
- Ms. Long's information
- Cell – 916-690-1682
- Email – email@example.com
- Mr. Nakamoto's information
- Cell – 916-832-2882
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- We charge a $10.00 belt fee for all belt promotions.
- The SKK patch is on sale for $10.00 each or $16.00 for two.
- Karate uniforms range from $20.00 to $25.00 depending on size.
American Kenpo Karate is a hard/soft style designed to promote good self-esteem, confidence, self-reliance, excellent defensive skills and is a lot of fun. If you want to learn the ultimate in self defense, we teach Kenpo Karate in Rancho Cordova for the Cordova Recreation & Park District at Mather Sports Facility